Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Steak Roulade





Dinner this evening was Steak Roulade stuffed with various spices and feta cheese served with a side of Parmesan broccoli.
Why is it so damned difficult for me to find butcher's twine?!! Even the BUTCHER looked at us like we had three heads when we asked where we could find some. At least the toothpicks came through in a pinch. It was also a pain for me to figure out when the meat was actually done because I have not yet purchased a meat thermometer and I do not have X-ray vision (thanks, Joe). It is always nice to eat a meal that doesn't require me to commit carbicide. I do think I could eat the steak/ broccoli/feta cheese combo every single day. Feta cheese is like manna from heaven (if I believed in such a place).
OMFG, I am so full.

2 comments:

  1. I can never get my steak roulades to look that good-damn you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use twine or (a LOT of) toothpicks? Also, do you pan sear, oven bake, or broil?

    ReplyDelete